Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ stick butter, cold
- 1/3 cup low-fat cream cheese, cold
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 6 oz chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
- Preheat over to 350.
- With electric (hand) mixer on high speed, cream the butter, cream cheese, and brown sugar. Turn the mixer to low and add the egg yolk and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Combine the flours, soda, salt, and chips in a separate bowl. Add to the butter mixture and mix by hand until combined.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop by teaspoonfuls on the baking sheet, about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake 7 minutes. Lightly flatten cookies with a spatula, rotate the cookies sheet, and bake 3 more minutes. Cool on baking sheet until set, the transfer to cooling rack until cooled.
Only 85 calories and 3 g fat per cookie!
Original recipe from the Canyon Ranch Nourish cookbook (great book!)