Roasted Acorn Squash
This is an acorn squash, but you can use these instructions for any type. Just adjust cooking time for the size.
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- butter (or Smart Balance)
- Cut squash in half. Remove seeds.
- Brush cut side with olive oil and place face down in a heavy roasting pan.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes (+ or – based on size). It is ready when you can insert fork.
- Season to taste- we like with a little butter, a sprinkling of brown sugar (don’t use too much), and a dash of salt. The roasting brings out the delicious flavor of the squash. This is a great winter treat!