Sweet Potato & BBQ Black Beans
- 2 cans rinsed and drained black beans
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs. molasses
- 1 clove garlic, nurse minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- Mix BBQ black bean ingredients in a small bowl.
- Potatoes: Prick potatoes with fork. Place on oven rack; bake until soft, 40-50 minutes (this may be done a day in advance).
- Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Halve each potato; arrange cut-side up on a baking dish and top with a few tablespoons of sauce. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until sauce bubbles.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 212 calories, 6 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 47 grams carbohydrate, 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 8 grams fiber.
Original recipe from Vegetarian Times, April 1996