Chipotle Black Bean Chili
This recipe is from Midwest Living magazine. This is spicy- the chipotle peppers give it some heat! Serve with baked corn tortillas.
- 2 fresh yellow banana, site poblano, or Anaheim chili peppers, chopped
- 1 large sweet pepper, any color, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can vegetable broth (or 1 ¾ cup water)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup semisweet or dark chocolate pieces
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1½ tsp minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (freeze the extra and use later)
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt
- In large saucepan, sauté peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil, over medium heat, until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips or corn tortillas if desired.