Corn And Green Chili Chowder
This is one of my daughter Julia’s favorites.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 10-oz bag frozen corn
- 1 4-oz can chopped mild green chili peppers (or use ½ can hot if you like it spicy)
- 2 cups milk (I use soy)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender, but not brown.
- Stir in flour.
- Add broth, potato, frozen corn, and chili peppers.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in milk and cilantro; heat through. Add salt and pepper to taste.