Frijoles Negros (Cuban Black Beans) over Rice
A delicious side dish that will add a little spice to any meal.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans black beans, nurse liquid drained and reserved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Fry the onion and pepper in a little oil.
- Add the garlic and saute a little.
- Introduce a little of the bean liquid until all previous ingredients are soft.
- Add the beans with the remaining liquid.
- Add spices and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add the vinegar just before serving.
These are quite good when served over a bed of rice seasoned with just lime.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr