Orzo with Spinach and Tomatoes
So busy outside enjoying the summer, I haven’t spent much time in the kitchen! I was inspired by the delicious fresh cherry tomatoes from the farmers market to try this new recipe. We ate this warm, but I am sure it would be great as a cold salad too.
- 1 cup orzo
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 cups baby spinach (we really like spinach, so I used 6 handfuls)
- ⅓ cup chopped black olives (I used olives from the deli at the greek market)
- 1½ cups grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup soft goat cheese, or use feta if you prefer
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil in frying pan over med-low heat until soft. Add spinach and olives, and turn with tongs until spinach is just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add cooked orzo, tomatoes, and lemon juice to spinach mixture. Toss and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese on top.
Makes 4 servings.